"Being in this play has given me more acceptance of other people. I pay attention now when kids around me are making dumb comments about other people. Acting the part made me want to live it."
Marky Hilario, Age 13
Photos above are from play performances at Whitwell Middle School, Whitwell, Tennessee, Not In Our Town Conference in Bloomington, Illinois, Venture Theatre, Billings, Montana, and a workshop production of a previous version of the play at Passage Theatre in Trenton, N.J.
"A serious theme developed with compassion and a light touch of humor. Music and lyrics fit clearly and cleverly ... Music directors and drama teachers take note!"
Glenna Gregory Liuzzi, Pollock School
|The perfect play for your holiday season ... the perfect play for any season.
For more information about holiday productions click here.
|Paper Candles, a play project for pre-teens and adolescents, recounts a true, uniquely American story. Drama and optional songs entertain as well as teach crucial lessons in:
Want to Learn More?
- Full description of the play project.
- Suggested uses for the play.
- Comments from children and adults about participating in the play project.
- Play synopsis.
- selected script excerpts.
- Information about obtaining a copy of the play for review purposes only.
- Information about ordering the play package.
- selected press excerpts about the December, 2004 Passage Theatre production of an earlier version of the play (then entitled Nightlights), and/or the Woodland School's community production in Monroe Township, New Jersey.