Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
One of the goals of the play is to provide maximum flexibility to meet the needs of each school, organization or house of worship.
Performance at Whitwell Middle School, Whitwell, Tennessee
- All songs are optional and can be easily inserted or deleted from the play.
- The play can be performed with very minimal scenery or more elaborate sets.
- The play can be performed by a relatively small cast (approximately 12-15 people) playing multiple parts, or a much larger cast. There is great flexibility in the number of non-speaking roles.
- The play runs approximately 1 - 1½ hours, depending upon which optional songs and optional scenes are used.
- A CD, with musical accompaniment and the songs performed, is included in the play package.
- For information about obtaining a perusal copy of the script, click here
- There are no royalties per performance. The play may be performed in as many ways – and as many times – as each school or organization chooses, within the year specified in the licensing agreement.
- The accompanying educational materials may of course be used as long as each school or organization chooses. It is our hope and expectation that these materials will be used for years to come. The licensing fee is required only for the continued use of the play.
- The play project is eligible for funding under a number of categories, including:
- Bullying prevention
- Title IV - Part B, for afterschool enrichment
- Character education
- Holocaust education